Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Two-thirds happy....

I am SOO relieved that Man U got pass Wolves just in time! Hernandez scored the goal in the last couple of minutes of the game...a superb and important goal to put us in front 3-2. Boy, I love that guy!! :D Now I'm happy - when I began typing this post, we were ahead 2-1, then it became 2-2 and Hernandez was subbed in and scored the winner! :D I was happy before this, too, because Bayern manage to get out of the Werder jinx to win 2-1 thanks to 2 magnificent goals from Schweini (after a stupid defensive error in the 2nd minute!!!). I thought it was over when Pizarro scored. But Bayern was lucky (although IMHO, we wasted too many chances by Altinflop not being clinical enough throughout the match) as Werder was very dangerous and defending awfully well, too. Muller wasn't lucky (well, TBH he hasn't been lucky for a while now!) and got penalised a couple of times tonight. But never mind, the most important thing was to win and we did! :D

Next comes the not so good part. Murcia. ARGH. They parked the bus in front of their goal (I really mean it, RM had 89% possession!!!) and we couldn't score. At all. Yeah, not even with Ronaldo, Higuain, Di Maria (albeit they played partially in the game) - but it's sad. Watching the game was so frustrating. We tried so hard but couldn't put anything in. Throughout the game, I was being quite critical though - renouncing Benzema, Leon, Canales, Granero, plus everyone else who are non starters, basically, to the bench - IMVHO, they were clearly not good enough for the team (OK me being biased and angry right now so I might take this statement back later on...). Now I totally understand why Mou plays his starting XI. Without Ozil and Xabi to deliver the balls up front, RM looked like an ordinary team. And that's not a good sign. Most of the young players (excluding Benzema...grrrr) tried so hard - esp Canales, Granero, Leon - but it was clear that they still had a LONG way to go before being allowed to start a match. I wouldn't start them if I were Mou. Canales looked lost most of the time - and Leon was trying too hard and fluffing WAY too many chances. I know they were both trying hard to impress the boss but c'mon!!!! Anyway, at least we didn't lose and I think Murcia knew that this was the best they could do. Their keeper was awesome though - definitely my MoTM - he made excellent saves and denied us SOO many chances on goal. Oh well - now that we've tasted "defeat" and have been brought down to earth once again, we will have to start right from bottom (I'm sure Mou has given the guys a good b*llocking after the match and since RM didn't lose, they won't be dead to Mou. HAHAHA!!!). Oh, and methinks Benzema will be permanently benched until January when the transfer window opens again as he blew his chance to do something useful for the team today. I never truly appreciated the XI - now I do - and I think every other fan does as well. I sure hope we will bounce back for this weekend when we face Hercules! =)

That's all for me, folks. More laterz...

*Listening to Almost Easy by Avenged Sevenfold*

No comments: