Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tonight, tonight...

The UCL continues tonight with 2 of my teams playing (simultaneously) - I'll be splitting my concentration between the RM and FCB matches, with greater attention on the RM match.

Honestly, if FCB can't overcome Cluj, I really think they don't deserve to get through! Obviously I'm not hoping for that to happen but you never know - FCB is still rather inconsistent and shaky; the midfield is left wanting...and defence...when the CB you use is actually a defensive midfielder, you know it's time to improve your squad (no offence to Tymo as he did great in the Hannover match)! LvG is a master tactician, no doubt - so we'll see what he comes up to tonight *fingers crossed*.

The other match really makes me nervous. Maybe because RM's record against AC has been quite bad - don't think we've won against them in the past couple of years - and AC has a super power frontline that includes Ibrahimovic, Pato, Ronaldinho and Robinho. If that is not scary enough, I don't know what is. IMHO, our defence is still not as solid as acclaimed. I agree with most opinions flying around that RM has not faced a challenging club so far so this match will definitely be a test of true skills and whether these guys can play together as a team. Will Özil be able to rise to the occasion this time around? Or will he be left invisible (or hard pressed in midfield) ala WC10 semis? I don't know. I'm obviously hoping for him to shine here, to prove to the world that he is indeed capable of facing and taking on the world's best teams and excel. Ah well, nonetheless, all the luck to RM for the game tonight *fingers, toes, hands, legs, whatever, crossed*!

So 2 matches that could leave me grinning ear-to-ear or depressed/screaming/tearing - let's hope for the former. =)

*Listening to Keep It Together by Puddle of Mudd*

No comments: