Monday, October 25, 2010

Good results over weekend!

Short post from me today - but RM thumped Santander 6-1 on Sat night! :D Much to my delight - I was a bit worried before that but as I was nervously checking the results before dinner, it was 5-0! About 10 minutes later, Ozil scored the 6th! =D I was SOO happpy!! I watched the recording of the match yesterday - and man, were they on fire. A bit messy but very good - I'm hoping Ozil will get the rest he very much needs during these few days (he's not playing in the CDR match tomorrow) and play even better after that. Somehow, the moment he leaves the field, the attacking chances and prowess reduces noticeably (I don't think I'm biased when I'm saying this). I have noticed how Mou plays Ozil: he usually keeps Ozil on the field until RM are in a very comfortable position before taking him off. Canales, who came on for Ozil, was good - but it's hard to judge him unless I watch him play a full match (which would be the CDR I reckon!). As most people have said (and I have observed), he's still a bit green - give him time and I'm quite sure he will be a starter for RM in the near future. BUT, I am admittedly a tad bit disappointed - maybe I was expecting to see a player that blows me away (ala Ozil) - but perhaps I was expecting too much!

The Man U-Stoke match was awesome - Man U were a bit shaky and too much fouling occurred. Man U deservedly won, only by a breath though, because Stoke equalised at the 80th minute. I was already about to cry because I thought it would end in a draw. Thankfully, Hernandez did his magic again to score his 2nd goal in the match. Amazing guy and am really liking him. Definitely not the finished product yet, but hopefully getting there. His first goal was deflected into the net by a back header!! I hope the season has turned the other way round for us.....

That's all for me now - probably more after the CDR match tomorrow!

*Listening to Through Glass by Stone Sour*

No comments: