Friday, October 29, 2010

Afraid of the mighty slayers?

You bet I am! Both MU and RM face tough foes tomorrow night while FCB are looking at another "park-the-bus" team tonight at home with Freiburg. I'll be catching the game tonight though - hopefully we'll just about win? I don't know. Our attack has been futile lately - Klose is out again for another 3 weeks, Gomez seems to have lost his form again, Altintop is a disaster and Muller is..well, off-form. Our defence looked so bad against Werder that I'm not too sure what's happening. Lahm also seems to be underperforming lately - the early goal from Werder was partially his fault... I'm expecting a low scoring game...and I think we'll let in a goal. Nothing they've done lately has given me confidence on them playing as a team. We have been lucky...but it's only a matter of time before it runs out and you need to start relying on real skills to win, isn't it? BUT because I love the team, I hope our luck runs up 'til the point when Robbery comes back for good!!! =D

RM faces Hercules tomorrow night (which I will be missing AGAIN - sigh - but due to the A7X and Stone Sour concert! :D) - and I'm really scared that we'll drop points. My confidence of the team has been whacked after Tuesday. It sure does seem that RM hasn't found a way to beat park-the-bus teams. Barca probably learnt how to deal with that last season so they have handled it with amazing efficiency this season (Bar one: Hercules. Gulp. :S) by basically relying on one touch/genius moves from Messi. As much as I rate CR7 as the star of the team, he is still not at Messi's level. It was clear during Tuesday's match that he couldn't carry the team against defensive teams by himself. Definitely not like how Messi does it for Barca anyway. Yes, CR7 could sometimes pull one-man-tricks against more "open" opponents but even then, he does rely quite a lot on his team mates to deliver the ball to him. Don't get me wrong, this is not a bad thing at all but I do sometimes feel that a successful team needs a single player that can make the difference/change the flow of a game that is not going well - and I frankly don't see him as that sort of player. Ozil may be more capable in this respect - but I probably need to see a lot more evidence to substantiate this point.

MU faces a TOUGH home game with Spurs. Ugh, Spurs is so dangerous. Won't be surprised if we lose considering how aggressive Spurs has been (albeit not consistent - but then again, so are we!). I just can't stand the potential gloating from my bro. Ugh x 1000. They scare me because Spurs has the tendency to score late goals and are good at catching up from behind, while we have been the total opposite - usually taking the lead, but throwing it away at the last minute! Bad combination. Hopefully Hernandez's good form continues and Berba starts scoring again as he hasn't scored since the L'pool match.....

That's all the matches for the w/e - I just have to pray for +ve results from all of them by keeping my fingers, toes, legs, etc., crossed!

Also hoping for an awesome concert tomorrow night - it'll be a double bill of A7X and Stone Sour! Woohooo!!!!!

*Listening to Mission Statement by Stone Sour*

No comments: