Sunday, October 17, 2010

Good result! =)

Thankfully, watching the final match yesterday was indeed very satisfying! Just FYI, I was hibernating in front of laptop/TV from 2.30pm up to 11pm!! Luckily I have very wonderful friends who understand my utter obsession. Lol! Anyway, the 1-4 drubbing of Malaga was a joy to watch and it basically made my day (which fortunately did not actually end after the match, but carried on 'til 5am since we were playing games after that haha!). Anyway, I do admit that Malaga is not a top-tier team and that the real challenge will take place this Tuesday, when RM takes on AC - now, that is definitely going to be the REAL test of whether the team is good enough, or not. But nonetheless, the two big wins are confidence boosters and I, for one, am glad.

Ozil has been nothing but a joy to watch (bias Em again!) - he assisted the 2nd goal for a tap in for CR7; won a penalty that CR7 converted AND also nearly assisted RM's 5th goal (Benzema was the culprit for this!?!?!). CR7, Higuain and Marcelo were outstanding yesterday - Marcelo was surprisingly not giving the ball away that much! Alonso had a so-so day while Di Maria was decent enough to terrorise the flank. Khedira was steady as always while I think Ramos was missed as the right-back because Albeloa wasn't having a good game. But very soon after the 4-1 was achieved, Mou substituted Higuain and Ozil for Pedro Leon and Canales (finally!). The moment when Mou went over to "ask" Leon to warm up was SOO funny - it was as though he was shouting "Hey you, what are you doing? Hurry up and warm up!" - nonetheless a VERY startled Leon immediately got up to jog (well there was some issues of a bust up between the 2 recently, that probably explains why :P). Still, he did impress me quite a bit, very quick on the flanks and with pretty good crossing skills. Canales, well, I really can't conclude much from the 10-minute cameo for Ozil except that he picked up a yellow card (?!?)...but I probably need to see him play a full match before I judge him. Whereas for Pedro Leon, it was quite evident that he was good (albeit he did have around 20mins of playing time AND is older with more experience), I couldn't quite make out anything to say on Canales - perhaps he will feature more in the Copa del Rey? I have yet to see this most talked about "talent and skills" of this guy - but am happy to give him a chance (yes, he's v cute and I'm unashamed to confess that I'm a total sucker because of that ^_^)

Next up is the RM vs AC match and FCB vs Cluj UCL matches on Tuesday followed by MU vs Bursasphor on Weds. Really looking to these matches! :D OK, I am actually very worried about the outcome for all of them (esp RM), but there's really nothing I can do but pray that they all get through OK....

Love this pic below from yesterday's match btw!

Mesut Ozil Mesut Ozil of Real Madrid celebrates with Gonzalo Higuain after Higuain scored his second goal during the La Liga match between Malaga and Real Madrid at La Rosaleda Stadium on October 16, 2010 in Malaga, Spain.

*Listening to Open Your Eyes by Alter Bridge*

No comments: