Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Getting edgy again...

..as the stress of the RM match looms. ARGH. Need to stop worrying. But I can't help it. We've never WON at San Siro - and that's what really worries the hell out of me. And they'll definitely come back wanting to kill us. ARGH (Again). Ok, enough complaining and let's get down to some thoughts about last night.

I was watching MU vs Bursasphor - and as I expected, it was a bit one-sided. First half was a snoozefeast, second half better and we scored 3! Very proud of the young players who scored i.e., Obertan and Bebe (yes, that dude that SAF bought without seeing his skills!). With the quality we have, I don't think we can get very far in the UCL TBH - a semifinal spot will be a bonus. Most likely, we'll get knocked out of the Q-finals...unless we can add some good players in the January window. The midfield is a real weak spot - I don't know how we will cope with playing with the likes of Barca... (saying that, they drew yesterday! So proud of FCK ;o) ).

The other match played, which was LOADS more exciting was Spurs vs Inter. Man: Spurs can REALLY kick a**. They seem to be able to elevate themselves to a different level when playing UCL matches - I think Euro opponents tend to underestimate Spurs and are not used to seeing them play in UCL, hence do not know their style of play. Spurs somehow manages to catch the big teams offguard - perhaps its opponents don't expect this sort of play/form coming from the 4th-ranked English team. Saying that, I think Benitez is a total idiot - how could he not know how to counter Spurs? As exciting as they are and having home advantage aside, Spurs is definitely counter-able as proven by their track record in BCL. Furthermore, Benitez was managing LFC for years - surely the experience MUST count? Anyhows, well done to Spurs for a brilliant match and too bad for Inter - seeing Maicon getting his a** kicked by Bale was an eye-opener I must say.

OK, enough on that. FCB are playing Cluj away tonight. And we have only 15 players available. Great. The more I see the season progress, the more depressed I get - esp with key players totally off-form or getting injured one by one (Olic the latest victim and he's out for 6 months). Really hope Muller finally gets his groove back and that Lahm is back to normal. Sigh. I'm also saying that because I have no faith in Gomez or Kroos. Don't ask me why but I can usually spot a good player when I see one - and I somehow can't see the aura/shiny cloud that usually surrounds special players in them. I really do hope I'll be proven wrong by the end of the season.

Done for now - I'll be nervous the whole day anyway. You'll probably hear how happy or depressed I am tonight in any case... =)

*Listening to 30/30 - 150 by Stone Sour*

No comments: