Sunday, November 14, 2010

frustrating...and lucky!

T'was not a great weekend for my footie teams I must admit. MU drew yesterday (although they probably deserved to lose by the awful way they were playing) and RM won an almost undeserving victory. The only positive result was from Bayern, who managed to win convincingly 3-0 (with a penalty from Lahm!! =D). Thank goodness for that!

MU played a terrible game for around 80 minutes, during which we went down 2-0 BUT we were lucky to scrap a draw in the last 10 minutes! Very lacklustre and aimless match. Didn't enjoy watching it - thought Berbatov has reclaimed his Berbaflop namesake and Hernandez still looks way too green on the field. The only +ve thing is Chelski lost (surprise surprise!) to Sunderland today 3-0. That means we're 3rd (one behind Arse and three behind Chelski) - so it's not totally dire yet. But from the way the squad has been playing, I'm not sure I can be too optimistic about our chances.

As for RM. Oh man. They were so poor today. The passing of ALL our players were off - including Xabi! We gave away the ball so much. This surely can't be the team that was beating teams by 4-5 goals a few weeks ago, right? I don't know if this is a one-off bad match but I sure hope it is. Our form is strangely dipping and I don't understand why. Ozil was.....I don't know... I didn't think he was playing that badly in this game but I've read a lot of flaking on his game today so I guess I might be biased. There were probably too many RM players playing poorly today so it really showed in the game - usually if one or two players are off, the rest still play well enough to hold up the crew. Maybe it's Gijon being overly aggressive, fired up and gung-ho after Mou dissed their coach for putting a substandard team when they played against Barca a couple of weeks ago (which was true!)? The Gijon players CERTAINLY looked fired up - very aggressive and rough - but I guess that's always expected of every other team in the La Liga. Or perhaps it's because Mou is not at the touchline? His presence is very important methinks. Sigh. Oh, we did win 1-0 at the end thanks to an excellent effort from Benz and Pipito but it was hard-fought. I don't know how we'll play vs Bilbao next week. Sigh again.

Oh, GGD was good as always during their concert yesterday =). So glad they played all the songs I love!!

Now I need to cheer up....maybe this pic will help me =)

Bayern's Philipp Lahm, right, scores during the German first division Bundesliga soccer match between VfL Borussia Moenchengladbach and Bayern Munich in Moenchengladbach, Germany, Saturday, Nov. 6, 2010.

*Listening to Broadway by Goo Goo Dolls*

No comments: