Wednesday, December 01, 2010

If things can't get any worse...

...Higuain is potentially out for 1-2 months with a lumbar herniated disc =(

It is, however, a good (but cruel) test of how the club will pull through this. It'll all be a learning experience, especially for the younger players. Each will have to step up with additional responsibilities to make sure we pull through this testy period. Who knows, maybe we can discover something that we've never known before? I'm saying this in hindsight of how Bayern pulled through lately. OK, I know they BARELY made it out alive - but it did show us how great Tymo and Gomez (I'm not entirely convinced by him yet though) are -and how important their contributions were in the past few months.

There'll be lots of debate on how the new formation will be like. Benz, erm, I'm not too sure that he will be the shoo in for Pipita's role - esp for important matches. I'd be more tempted to move Ronaldo up front, push Ozil to the left, Di Maria on the right. Maybe have Granero in Ozil's current role, 2 DMs as per usual and 4 at the back? Or 4-3-3 with the 3 I mentioned up front, Lass-Xabi-Khedira + 4 at the back? Or maybe, replace Pipita with CR7, Leon on the left? It'll be interesting to see what Mou gets up to... I also think it's about time to start rotating the squad a bit. Kaka's recovery come January will be so so important to us...

Ok, enough dwelling. In fact, I'm feeling better already. After all, shit happens and we all need to deal with it whether we like it or not...

P/S: I've also just placed my order for the RM jersey - they finally have my size! No prizes for guessing which number and name is printed on the back of it! =)

*Listening to 23 by JEW*

No comments: