Wednesday, December 08, 2010

another concert, another 2 missed matches...

Am off for a concert soon - really looking forward to finally seeing DISTURBED live! I've been waiting for so long and I really hope they don't disappoint - although I've heard that they can be a bit of a let down though. :S It's gonna be a long affair as I'm planning to watch all 4 bands - and have to admit that it's pretty rare to find a line up of bands that you actually want to watch on the same night!

So in return for going for this metal-fest, I'm missing two dead rubber matches - RM vs. Auxerre and Bayern vs. Basel. I've already programmed to record the former - which I think I will likely want to watch after I get back (so this means a sleepy day for me tomorrow!) and as for the 2nd match, I'll probably catch the highlights later. No stress going into these matches but for the sake of momentum, morale and confidence, a win for both teams would be the best. RM is still lacking in the confidence department after the mauling, while Bayern...ermm, I actually don't know where to start. I think they are sadly beyond help at this point and only with the return of Robben will things start looking up again. It's amazing how ONE player can change an entire team...but that's how it is unfortunately.

I actually think the Auxerre match would be pretty interesting as plenty of first team players were not included for injury or suspension reasons (including Mou) and the predicted starting line up will be a bit unfamiliar. Saying that, I really hope we go all out to prove that we can still win the game despite the MIA players. Am still hoping for a few minutes of play from Ozil although highly unlikely. CR7 will be playing (despite his yellow card. sheesh) - a funny quote from Aitor Karanka (Head Coach for this match aka Mou's assistant) is that CR7 will want to play EVERY game unless he is half dead. Lol!! That really got me laughing my heads off!

Okie dokes, more ranting from me will come tomorrow. Oh yes, almost forgot to say that MU drew 1-1 yesterday and as you can tell, I wasn't that disappointed because we were actually playing REALLY well but were just a bit unlucky not to win. We created plenty of chances but Guaita was in stellar form. I think Valencia were a bit "cautious" as well and played a tad bit defensively for my liking - but I guess I would do that too considering how fast we were playing counter attacking football. And yes, I am gonna admit that Roo does add a really important dimension to our game - so hopefully things start looking up for MU from now on! We have a tough nut to crack when we meet Arsenal on Monday..... *jitters*

*Listening to The Game by Disturbed*

No comments: