Friday, January 14, 2011

My hero....

MFP (aka my favourite player) was brilliant last night in the el derbi. Wow, I was actually shocked that he was...
1) backtracking/pressing/pressuring defenders
2) pushing people (yes, I'm NOT kidding)
3) lasting 90 minutes at the SAME high energy pace (i.e., able to burst into runs even at the end!)
4) brilliantly assisting the 2nd goal and...
5) scoring the final one!

Other than De Gea being spectacularly brilliant (which pretty much explains the narrow margin! Note to SAF to sign him up!!!) and the ref being as cool as a cucumber, there's not much else to add as the game has left me beaming up til now! :D OK, to comment on the shortcomings of our game, obviously the poor defense that enabled them to score first (AND at the 7th minute...grrrr...Iker....). However, we definitely played at the right level of intensity that has been missing from our previous games and were clearly the better team. It's as though we've shifted gears or something overnight?!? A tough return/away leg awaits us next week...VERY tricky. Gulp.

Will write more about what's to come over the weekend later - probably tonight or tomorrow. In summ, Bundesliga season starts again (yay!) with Bayern vs Wolfsburg tomorrow - I can't wait to see Robben back on the field again!!! And MU & RM play on Sunday, the former with a VERY tricky opponent ahead (I'm actually trying to come to terms with potentially facing our first defeat of the season :S) and the latter, hopefully not too tired out, as we play away to Almeria in the evening.

I'll leave my fav pic from last night here.... :D :D :D

*Listening to Fix Me by 10 Years*




No comments: