Thursday, January 13, 2011

another derby and other stuffs.

So it's the 2nd time we're facing Atletico this season - so what do I think? Atletico was miserable against Hercules on Monday. I was really disappointed with De Gea as I expected him to save at least 2 out of the 4 goals that were scored by Hercules (yes, even given the crappy defence!). But I think that must have been a one-off bad performance (as I, of all people, would TOTALLY understand). Anyway, I expect them to go all out tonight so we'd better be alert! We have the home advantage for the first leg and hopefully we can take advantage of it (Please, no more Levante-esque performance....). At this point, I'm actually not sure who Mou will decide to put on. He has to rotate some members given we'll be facing Almeria on Sunday. I think Mou will play his usual front four and if we're winning, sub Ozil, Di Maria off in the 2nd half. He may also possibly pair Granero with Xabi? The back four should be Arbeloa - Ramos - Carvalho - Marcelo. Benz and CR7 are definite starters. Kaka should be playing in the 2nd half regardless of the score methinks. Exciting match for sure - and luckily it'll be on TV! :D Yay to no crappy streaming!!

On a separate game, I watched the Villareal vs Sevilla match yesterday..and boy, was it scrappy. Villareal was playing a lot better than Sevilla but somehow managed to let in 3 goals at the end for a draw. My recent crush (aka Jesus Navas) was not very effective in the game - standout player was Rossi. Damn, why did MU sell him....(and Pique, CR7, Forlan...) =(. Anyway this means it'll all boil down to the return leg with Sevilla having a huge away goal advantage. The Barca match was a waste of time - I can't believe how all the teams just lie down and die in front of them (OK, I know it's unfair given that they're such an amazing team but still!?!). I stopped watching after the first goal - and what did you know? Another manita for them >.<.

Arse*** were rubbish vs Ipswich - I hope they get knocked out in the return leg of the CC semis but I'm pretty sure they will come away with an easy win. And LFC - enough said.

Let's hope for an exciting derby duel tonight =D

*Listening to Issues by Escape the Fate*

No comments: