Tuesday, September 07, 2010

footie, footie and a surprise buy!

Am really looking forward to football again tonight - yes, it's Germany vs Azerbaijan - and I can watch it live over ESPN (OK i'm hoping David doesn't decide to watch the UK vs Swiss match....). Not sure how well will Die Mannschaft play tonight...they've not been up to form of late. In fact, it almost fells like watching Bayern play! Lacklustre performances just kinda waiting for a spark/boom to happen, really. I'm obviously hoping for the best - so we shall see what happens today. After that, I'll be immediately switching over to watch the Argen vs Espana friendly! Woohoo. My money is on Spain but hope to see Messi score as well. I've never liked Argentina as a footie team but am pretty sure we're in for an exciting match for that...I just want them to hold off scoring before I switch over the channels =)

On a separate note, I've just purchased the new book by Carlo Ancelotti "The Beautiful Games of an Ordinary Genius". Surprised, eh? I guess I just wanted to read more about the coach and his thoughts about how he manages his teams. I've come across snippets from the book and Ancelotti seems like a humorous guy. I'm probably more interested in his life managing Milan than Chelski to be honest =)

Counting down the hours til tonight....

*Listening to Art of War by Anberlin*

No comments: