Sunday, December 03, 2006

Back from hiatus!

I haven't updated my blog in eons due to my overly busy life in the past 2 months (Yeah, right. It should actually read: I haven't updated my blog because I am a one-minute hot and extremely lazy git). HOWEVER, I still have a little pride in my little and highly unimportant blog to write some things that I do feel like sharing (although they're pretty trivial to everyone else except me anyway :P).
I guess I could start by writing about what I have been up to for the past 2 months....
In September, I made my final trip to Turkey and did some travelling in between my 3 weeks there.
I had my first overnight train experience from Istanbul to Denizli, which was REALLY fun, to visit Pamukkale. Pamukkale (or Cotton Castle) was amazing. Really worth the journey there...


Next, we went to Ephesus. An awful lot of Roman Ruins left and managed to visit whatever that's left of one of the 7 Ancient Wonders of the World i.e. the Temple of Artemis.
Pic taken in Ephesus...
...and the Great Temple of Artemis!

Hahahaha I bet most people were expecting something really amazing but hey, you can't really expect much from a temple built in 550BC AND having survived a fire just about 200 years after it was built! (Not much of a sight, but at least I can say that I've been there :P)

Ironically, I managed to catch my 2nd ancient Wonder of the World shortly after the first. Yes, the Great Pyramids of Giza.

Definitely a country for me to re-visit in future (possibility in January - evil laugh hehe..). Cairo really reminds me of a mish-mash of Turkey + Abu Dhabi + India. I can identify many similarities between the food and culture of Egypt with Turkey and easily associate the sandiness of Cairo with Abu Dhabi. The noisiness+haphazardness of the city definitely rivals that of Delhi. Other than the fact that you have to go out with the mindset that everyone is out there to con/cheat/ take advantage of you because you are a foreigner, Egypt is a wonderful and exciting place to be!

In between work and travel, I also finally met up with my MIA housemate, whom I haven't seen for the past 5 months (Glad to have you back, Fred! :D), attending Goo Goo Dolls in concert for the 2nd time this year (It was better than the first, I have to say :D :D) AND receiving 2 wedding invitations from my friends (ARGHHHH WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!?!?! -_-"). On the last point, I am, of course, extremely happy for the happy couples and am really looking forward to meeting them in Kuala Lumpur soon ;-). Congrats to Mel & Jays and Gareth & Elaine!

Johny Rzeznik in action at Shepherd's Bush...

Other exciting things that took place recently involved bugging people around me to attend MORE rock concerts, which led to my crazy concert-ticket buying stints last week that probably contributed to yi fei's recent declaration of bankruptcy. Sob sob :'( ...(Okay, I have to admit that this isn't entirely true but oh well....). Although the concerts won't be happening until April 2007, I am nonetheless still looking forward to them...

Incubus + Lostprophets = One crazily happy gal! :D

Besides that, I have also been obsessed over so many new bands recently that I sort of lost count *sheepish grin*. Anyway, my most recent obsession is 30 seconds to mars....of which I NEVER knew JARED LETO was the lead singer of! :O (Oh yeah, he's my fav *american rocker dude* at the moment :P)

Nearly5am now. Time for a snooze....listening to 30stm, of course ;-)....

*Listening to From Yesterday by 30 seconds to mars*

No comments: