Sunday, August 08, 2010

Footie's back! (well..nearly!)

This weekend has been good for me in terms of footie results - first Bayern beat Schalke to grab the Super Cup yesterday and just now, Man U clinched the community shield from Chelski! Wee!! :D I even went the mile to watch the Super Cup match (which was NOT shown on TV in UK) - but it was all worth it. Bayern, even weakened by the absence of Ribery and Robben, was definitely the better side - given that the WC10 players only came back only at the beginning of this week, this was a very good result indeed. Both Muller and Klose scored typical "WC" goals - and Lahm captained Bayern (Neuer captained Schalke)! Was good to see Klose finally getting a goal in for Bayern - he's been dissed a lot for his lack of goals in the recent seasons (especially since he always seems on-form when he plays for his nation!) - hopefully this will spur him on to score more for his club this season! Not so positive yesterday was that Werder were thumped by Fulham 5-1 - and Ozil played for about an hour!?!?!? Man, I am a bit relieved that I didn't watch that match - otherwise, I'd probably be screaming out of frustration! =( But overall - Bayern winning definitely made my day yesterday.....

The good feeling continued today as Man U outscored Chelski 3-1 - I'm not being biased but Man U definitely outplayed Chelsea for most of it. Chelsea could have equalised when they were more threatening during the last 10 minutes of the match but I guess it just wasn't their day. In the end, a 90th minute goal from Berbatov sealed the deal for Man U. Chicharito's goal was hilarious - I'm glad we signed him up - he's definitely one of those players that is capable of lighting up a match when things get stale....hopefully his good form continues throughout the season. Rooney, who played in the first half, was good - way better than his WC10 form and for that I'm relieved. Let's hope this is a good omen for better things to come this season!!

On a totally separate note, I managed to catch Toy Story 3 today as well - all I can say is that it's definitely one of the best cartoons I've seen in a while. And I admittedly nearly (yes, nearly but NO) teared during the last few moments of the cartoon...can't say I share Andy's enthusiasm for his toys but I can pretty much understand the feeling of not wanting to let the things you cherish in the past go....

*Listening to Witchcraft by Pendulum*


No comments: