Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday Bloody Sunday (ermm not really)

After 2 late nights (Thurs and Fri), I've decided to be good and stay home this weekend. (Of course, this is mainly fueled by this awful gumache I am having right now => I think my wisdom tooth is acting up now :S ) Just staying in, going to bookstores, catching up on sleep and basically bumming at home. I'll probably do more things next weekend (hopefully the aching would have stopped by then) since I reckon I'll be off to Turkey pretty soon (again).

Other than that, I've been thinking of when I can take my next holidays. My initial plan of going back at year end might not work out at this point of time given that:
1) Air ticket prices to KL OR Australia will be triple of what I pay usually (OK I know I might be exagerrating here but seriously the hike in price is enough to put a LARGE dent in my bank account)
2) Doubt I'll get to meet my brother since he's not planning on a trip home and I think he'll probably be MIA most of the time (Go figure, Kop, if you are reading this :P )
On the other hand, I do want to go back to:
1) See my friends since I've not seen them in ages and I did promise I'd be back at year end...
2) Weather here sucks and I want to escape from it -_-
3) Need to stock up my supply of Ipoh White Coffee :D
4) Possibly to get my wisdom tooth problem sorted as well :S
Darned, I really want to go back...we'll see...

Been watching some random animes lately but nothing new that has truly caught my attention. The one series that I look forward to every week is a really comical anime called "Ouran High School Host Club". Its fluff but definitely enough to make one laugh ;) (although I would not recommend to guys coz I think its pretty girlish haha..). The manga is good as well so I do recommend this series for anyone out there looking for fluff. LOL

Just purchased some books from Amazon and looking forward to receiving them next week. One about Chairman Mao by Jung Chang and a trilogy of books (Sci-fi fantasy, of course) by Trudi Canavan, an Australian writer. It's my first time reading her books and I am just hoping she'll be as good as Margaret Weis (although I seriously doubt it) so you can look forward to either a major trashing of the series on my blog soon or putting her on my list of "must-read" authors ;). Personally I hope for the latter because Margaret Weis takes TOO long to publish a book. (For those who have no clue what I am on about, Margaret Weis is the author of the highly acclaimed Dragonlance sagas)

Okie dokie, enough fluff for today. Think my parents will be calling soon...

*Listening to: Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2*

No comments: