Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ramblings ramblings

Had an early start when I woke up to say good-bye to my good friend this morning. She's on her way to NYC right now (of this I'm sure, otherwise she would have been banging at my front door at 9am :P) With so much going on about airport security and bomb attacks, it just makes life so difficult for the normal civilian like us. Man, no more bringing laptops, ipods or books on flights :S ...that's really annoying. But I guess these precautions have to be taken no matter what. The question is whether are these measures short-term or long-term? IMHO, it's always a lost cause:
1) If its short term, the REAL bombers are definitely smart enough to avoid causing much ruckus seeing that the security is so tight right now
2) On the other hand, I don't know how long the tight security can be implemented before people start complaining about wasting time and resources. When that happens => Security slacks => Bombers attack again
It's tough, isn't it? You know you have to do something and yet, it probably won't mean much at the end of the day...
Conclusion: Since life is so unpredictable and inevitably short, just live everyday as it comes ;-)

On a less serious note, I don't know why I've started listening to non-American rock music lately! Woohoo, I call that an achievement! I mean, I've gone thru the whole brit-pop-rock era like 10 years ago (Yups, I used to be crazy over oasis, blur, suede, kula shaker etc etc) and after a while, I stopped listening to that sort of music and shifted towards American rock. Hahahah that was when my Goo Goo Dolls obsession started btw. Anyway, I've recently discovered some UK based bands that DO sound pretty American to me!! :D (Hahaha, to be specific, they're Welsh bands) I mean, before, Bush was probably the only other Brit band that I liked, but now there are Bullet for my Valentine and Lostprophets to feast the ears...

I was at the bookstore yesterday and saw one of the Dragonlance books I wanted! Its called "Dragons of the Dwarven Depths" BUT why did it have to be out on hardcover only!??! Sigh, its so frustrating that
1) I can't find new/much Dragonlance books in UK
2) when I DO find one, it has be to hardcover, which means I have to wait for a year before the paperback version is published. Darned...
On a happier note, another Dragonlance book that I've been waiting for will be out in November (on paperback, mind you :P) so I'll just have to wait for that in the mean time..

Think this should be enough ramblings for the day. In the mean time, let me improve my blogging skills...

*Listening to Animal I have become by 3 Days Grace*

2 comments:

Annie said...

I think all in all, the terrorist has won - with their desired effect of mass chaos and fear. It is simply too bad that the civilians has to bear the aftermath from the decisions our superiors make.

ps. no comment on the rock music =p

Annie said...

I think all in all, the terrorist has won - with their desired effect of mass chaos and fear. It is simply too bad that the civilians has to bear the aftermath from the decisions our superiors make.

ps. no comment on the rock music =p